If you’ve landed here, you’re probably thinking of building a website for your small business…Am I right? You’ve come to the right place – I’ve been there done that! I also know how overwhelming it can be to wade through the mass of web hosting companies available out there, all clamoring for your business.
Usually, when buying physical or digital products on the web, all it takes is a really thorough in-depth search to help sway your purchasing decisions one way or another.
But when it comes to web hosting, there are SO MANY options it’ll truly make your head spin! And unless you really understand all the hosting lingo thrown around, it’s super confusing!
What Are Your Needs?
When looking at different web hosting providers for your business, you’ll first want to consider the following…
- What type of website are you building? (ecommerce? blog?)
- Do you want something simple (a WordPress blog, for example)?
- Do you need a special software (ie. PHP)?
- How big (or small) can the web traffic volume go?
What To Look For In Web Hosting
Once you’ve determined what your hosting needs are, it really depends on the type of business you have and how experienced you are with setting up websites.
If you’re brand new and/or just setting up your website, it’s smart to simple with a good shared hosting account.
A shared hosting account is more affordable and easier to maintain, and gets the job done for most new sites.
Plus, you can always upgrade to dedicated hosting when your site grows large enough to justify it.
I’ve researched several web hosting options and many are just fine. But I will only vouch for SiteRubix. Although not well known (yet), it’s been a proven powerhouse for nearly a million people, myself included!
SiteRubix Advantages For Your Small Business
- One Click set up – that’s it…and my website is ready for my content. This is great for technologically challenged folks like me:)
- This goes along with #1…it is NOT NECESSARY to know anything about HTML or website building – it’s all done for you! This also saves a TON of time you’d normally have to spending setting up your site.
- 1400+ website templates to choose from!
- One Click install of over 10,000 add on features for website functionality.
- Incredible tech support 24/7. They have fixed issues with my site within minutes.
- Fast upload time.
- Professional look and design.
- Easy to navigate.
- This is my favorite feature outside of the tech support – I can access the “community” of fellow SiteRubix users to ask questions about site building, issues with my site, how to add designs, plug-ins, logos etc. It’s a large community of fellow business owners and we all help each other – awesome!
My Experience Looking For Web Hosting
A brief background about me…I’m NOT tech savvy. I love researching and writing about different self employment options for people wanting to start a small business. But if I had to create a website on my own, using HTML and all the bells/whistles that come with a great looking site…I simply wouldn’t be here. It’d be too complicated.
So what I’m saying is that regardless of your knowledge (or lack thereof) about website hosting, please don’t let it stop you from building a great website for your business – There are options!
Website hosting has come a long way in the past 10+ years. Finding ready made templates is not difficult, and many of these are incredible! If you like the website you’re reading now, it’s a pre-made template I found through SiteRubix. There are fancier template designs available but I prefer this simple design because, to me, it’s more readable.
Get Started With Two FREE Websites!
If you’re ready to get your website up and running, you can get started with SiteRubix with Two FREE Websites! No strings. It’s just up to you to think of a name for your site.
Jot down a few ideas that you’re thinking of and try them in the box below to see if they’re available. Then get started! Even if you’re a “non techie” like me, SiteRubix makes it a fun, painless experience.
If any of you have tried SiteRubix, please leave a comment below – I’d love to hear from you. If there are any questions I can answer, I’d be happy to help. Thanks for visiting!